How are you funded?

Omni House is paid by fee for service. You are responsible for all fees, although most fees are paid normally by your insurance. There may be co-pays and deductibles that you are responsible for paying. Co-pays can be either a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the allowed charge. In some cases, the state of Maryland will pay for otherwise uninsured individuals with lower income who are not eligible for Medical Assistance; there is a $2 co-pay for each service in that case.

Do you offer substance abuse treatment?

Although Omni house recognizes the importance of treating people with substance abuse, we do not run a substance abuse treatment program. Patients who have a dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance abuse may be seen in our clinic; our intake people will assess for appropriate treatment.

Do you have housing services if I’m becoming homeless?

Omni House runs a residential rehabilitation program for adults disabled by serious and persistent mental illness. All residential services must be authorized by the Anne Arundel County Mental Health Agency. Their number is 410-222-7858.
Omni also refers to other agencies that may be able to provide housing for individuals with mental illness who do not qualify for our own housing program.

How do I go about getting into your Residential Program?

Referrals are accepted by our intake coordinator, but must be authorized by the Anne Arundel County Mental Health Agency. Their number is 410-222-7858.

How much does it cost to be in the Residential Program?

The cost of care is based on income, and we charge up to $54 per day or $1,620 per month. Most of our residents receive either SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) or SSI (Supplemental Security Income), and the amount of their checks satisfies the Cost of Care we are required to charge. We work to ensure that clients receive all benefits to which they are entitled, and have enough money for food and personal needs.

What if I’m uninsured?

If you are not eligible for Medical Assistance but still have limited income, you may be eligible to participate in the public mental health system through what is called “gray zone” eligibility. The state will then pay for many of your mental health needs, with a small copay.

Do you have services for children?

We do not offer any services for individuals under the age of 18. Children should be referred to:

Board of Childcare

8028 Ritchie Hwy
Pasadena, MD 21122

Sheppard Pratt Health System

7101 Riverwood Dr.
Columbia, MD 21046

What insurances do you take?

Omni House’s Outpatient Mental Health Clinic takes Medical Assistance, Medicare, and some private insurances. Please check with the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic Intake Coordinator.