Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement:
Our region of the country faces a growing threat from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the seasonal flu. As always our #1 goal is patient care and in an effort to ensure patient safety and the well -being of our staff, we are asking that you proactively reschedule your existing appointments if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have traveled outside the United States in the last two weeks by calling 410-768-2719.
Steps we are taking to Protect our Patients:
As medical professionals, we are trained to place the well-being and safety of our patients above all else, and that commitment to your health and safety is driving every decision we are making during this challenging time. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus and we are strictly adhering to all guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and our local and state governments.
Many additional infection control measures have been put into place such as:
- Screening of all patients at the time of scheduling and at time of check in for signs and symptoms of respiratory or other flu-like illnesses or recent travel.
- Patients with symptoms of illness will be rescheduled keeping in mind your mental stability is of upmost importance and coordination of care will continue to maintain safety.
- All employees with symptoms of illness or contact with those that are ill will be quarantined and not be permitted back to work until cleared.
- Any patient that checks in with signs or symptoms of illness and needs an emergent visit will be asked to place a mask on while providers assess severity of need and coordination of care.
- We are asking that patients arrive to appointments without friends or family members whenever possible in order to limit the numbers of people in our clinic and better comply with the CDC’s social distancing recommendations.
- We are requesting that children under the age of 12 not accompany patients to our clinic at this time
- We are eliminating all unnecessary visitors to our clinic such as pharmaceutical reps.
- Pens in our office will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day for patients needing to complete paperwork or sign consent forms.
- All “high touch” surfaces are cleaned numerous times throughout the day
- All staff practices hand hygiene after every encounter with patients
- Signage is in place throughout the clinic outlining CDC guidelines for proper hand hygiene, proper cough and sneeze etiquette as well as other measures to stop the spread of the disease
- Our clinicians and staff are refraining from shaking hands with patients.
- You may be asked to attend your visit virtually in the clinic or at home (if you have the technology to do telehealth, ie..computer with webcam, smart phone). Furthermore, you may be asked also to attend your visit in a HIPPA compliant room different than the providers office within the clinic.
We are fully prepared to evaluate and care for our patients at this time, and we are taking all possible precautions to protect our patients, families, our staff and communities. Thank you for your support and cooperation with these efforts as, together, we face this unprecedented public health challenge.